R ohde funeral home was founded in 1910 by George H. Rohde and George H. High. After a few years George H. Rohde bought out George H. High and began a family legacy.
In 1919 George decided that the original Eastern Avenue location was not large enough and built the current home on Mt. Lookout Square. After the completion of the new site, his only child John joined the family business in 1920. In 1922 the Eastern Avenue location was closed.
In 1948 John H “Don” Rohde Jr. joined to continue the family tradition eventually training his son and current Director Steve. Don retired in the spring of 2002 and left the home in the very capable hands of Steve. Steve is dedicated to continuing the family tradition of caring and service.